3

I Haiku. Do You?

Posted by K. Greer on 11/06/2009 in , ,
I thought it would be a friggin' riot to get my work buddies - a degenerate bunch of creatives - to write haiku. I informed them all ahead of time that these would be published in this august medium. They sent them to me anyway.

Gary, Designer, with his cat's fave haiku:
You must scratch me there!
Yes, above my tail! Behold,
"Elevator butt."

Natalie, Writer, with an ode to her neice:
Sweet Addie looks up.
She sees me and yells: "Nat-Nat!"
My heart melts. Again.

... and again with several odes to the best shows on TV:
You are my person.
'Cause we are dark and twisty.
You really get me.

O Slushy shower
You cannot drown out my song
Groove is in the heart.

Oh baby Stewie
Why do you hate your mother?
And how old are you?

Roger, Writer, with a love story:
Gail liked to kiss John
But he liked it better when
She had her teeth in

... and again, with a political entry:
Stealthily I sneak
Into your room as you sleep
I'm Dick Cheney - suck

Renee, Administrative Assistant, with the truth:
Back against the wall?
Had all you can take this week?
Call K.; have a drink!

Don, Designer and cycling enthusiast, with "A Mountain Bike Haiku":
Over roots I spin
wheels roll forward up the hill
burrito after

Then there was Alan's. He's also a designer. It was funny. He wouldn't let me publish it. Boo. Hiss.

And, finally, there's mine. I call it "Thinking of Others:"
My slacks are too tight.
I need to go shopping soon.
Don't look! Camel toe.

UPDATE: Alan relented. His haiku is below. It's called "Love: A Haiku"
Colin, Faith, now Grace
What were we thinking that night?
Call the doctor, quick!

|

3 Comments


Uh, did Don know what a haiku is? I like Roger's best, but then I've always been partial to Roger.


You're right! This is friggin' hilarious!


I love Chocolate Cake
Eating it makes me smile big!
Ice cream makes it great!

From Mr. Do Right
Just keepin' it real for the masses.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 My Greer View Mirror All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Distributed by Deluxe Templates